Sask Wheat is hiring: Communications Manager
The Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission (SWDC) is a producer-led organization established by the Saskatchewan government in June 2013 to build a platform for growth in the province’s wheat industry. Its mandate is to enhance wheat producers’ competitiveness and profitability through research, market development and communication activities.
The Communications Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for managing and executing the communications and marketing activities of the Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission in collaboration with SWDC staff and other stakeholders. This is a full-time, salaried position (37.5 hours per week); some travel is required.
The position will be of interest to individuals with a broad knowledge of crop-based agriculture in Western Canada and specific expertise in communications and marketing. The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in communications, journalism or marketing, with a strong agricultural background
- Extensive knowledge / expertise in a variety of communication vehicles (e.g. newsletters, websites, social media, news releases, annual reports)
- Knowledge/expertise in media relations
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
- Experience in event planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellence in planning, organization and program management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to demonstrate leadership and initiative
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and priorities
- Dedication to a strong and consistent work effort
- Ability to travel within Canada
Education and Work Experience:
The knowledge and skills required for the position will most likely have been obtained through a Bachelor’s degree (and preferably a Master’s degree) in communications, journalism or marketing with significant knowledge of crop based agriculture in western Canada and at least three to five years’ work experience in communications, marketing or journalism.
Please submit your resume by Friday, September 11, 2015 to:
Pat Tremaine, Office Administrator, Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission
Thank you for your interest in the Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
News & Events
Grain consumption patterns, their respective nutrient contribution and related health outcomes in Canadians.
The primary goal of this study is to investigate and provide knowledge about the common consumption patterns of grain-based foods among Canadians and contributions of grains to Canadian’s nutrient intake, health and wellbeing.view all