Think Wheat - Yorkton, March 13
Sask Wheat will be holding a Think Wheat extension meeting on March 13, 2019 in Yorkton. The Think Wheat meetings bring producers the latest information on wheat agronomy and marketing.
Speakers will include:
- Marlene Boersch of Mercantile Consulting (global wheat markets and opportunities)
- Dean Dias of the Canadian International Grains Institute (export market requirements)
- Tyler Wist of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (wheat midge control)
- Chris Holzapfel of Indian Head Agricultural Research Foundation (FHB control, PGRs, wheat agronomy)
- Jim Downey of SeCan (new varieties and selections from the Seed Guide)
- Josh Lade, a grain producer who farms near Osler (weed control and herbicide resistance)
Location: Painted Hand Casino (510 Broadway Street West)
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program begins: 9 a.m.
Refreshments and lunch will be served.
News & Events
Diversifying organic cropping options for the brown soils through intercropping
The purpose of this project is to determine if intercrops can reduce weed populations compared to sole non-competitive crops and in the following spring wheat crop.view all