Think Wheat - Moose Jaw, March 12
Sask Wheat will be holding a Think Wheat extension meeting on March 12, 2019 in Moose Jaw. The Think Wheat meetings bring producers the latest information on wheat agronomy and marketing.
Speakers will include:
- Marlene Boersch of Mercantile Consulting (global wheat markets and opportunities)
- Dean Dias of the Canadian International Grains Institute (export market requirements)
- Tyler Wist of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (wheat midge control)
- Chris Holzapfel of Indian Head Agricultural Research Foundation (FHB control, PGRs, wheat agronomy)
- Jim Downey of SeCan (new varieties and selections from the Seed Guide)
- Josh Lade, a grain producer who farms near Osler (weed control and herbicide resistance)
Location: Heritage Inn (1590 Main Street North)
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program begins: 9 a.m.
Refreshments and lunch will be served.
News & Events
A genetic and genomics approach to improving the milling potential of durum wheat
The objective of this project is to determine the distribution of ash content in the kernel of cultivars of durum wheat with variable expression; to develop and validate robust genotyping platforms for durum wheat with the specific focus on genetic mapping populations with a large range in phenotypic expression of milling potential; and to develop genomic selection prediction models using a combination of high density molecular data and robust milling data.view all